- 2 cups peeled and diced vegetables
- about 1/2 cup breast milk, formula or steaming liquid
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Peel and chop one large sweet potato – make sure chopped pieces are consistently sized for even cooking.
- Steam for about 8 minutes or until fork tender.
- Pour half a cup of breast milk, formula, steaming water or other liquid into your new Vitamix! If your sweetie finds out how much the new Vitamix costs, don’t worry. You can also process in a regular blender or food processor.
- Add the freshly steamed veggies (careful – they’re HOT!).
- Blend or puree until you reach the desired consistency – use more liquid for a thinner texture.
- Pour puree into ice cube trays and freeze until solid – about 3 hours.
- Dump out of the trays into dated and labeled zipper bags and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Et voila! You have made homemade baby food. Make sure to mention that fact frequently – it sounds like a much more impressive and involved feat than it actually is!