Cauliflower was my least favorite vegetable growing up. Now I appreciate the hint of sweetness hiding underneath it’s musky-earthy flavor. I have made cauliflower a million times in lieu of mashed potatoes (any low carb friends out there?), but my favorite way to enjoy it is roasted with garlic. Very easy to make, even easier to enjoy. Even my infant daughter loves this (then again, she’s pretty special).
I know those of you who already love cauliflower will make this. Those of you on the fence…give broccoli’s pale cousin another chance with this incredibly easy and delicious recipe!
1 head of cauliflower
1/2 thinly sliced sweet onion
5 cloves of garlic
5 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried thyme
salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees, line a baking sheet with foil (for easy clean up).
- Remove the stem from the cauliflower, cutting the head into florets.
- Toss the florets with garlic and onion on the cookie sheet. Drizzle generously with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with thyme, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper and place on second rack from the top in the oven.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes until browned, flipping half way through. Keep your eye on the garlic – if it starts to get brown, remove it early.
- Try to save a bite for someone else – it is a WHOLE head of cauliflower!