I know what you’re thinking, “fiendishly?!” This dish was originally titled “devilishly good” as a play on deviled eggs, but I think “fiendishly” sounds more dramatic. In fact, this recipe may turn you into an egg salad addict. For that, I apologize.
If you find yourself with a lot of boiled eggs on hand, say you just launched a blog and made Easter eggs for a post but your baby is much too young to do an egg hunt, then this is an eggcellent way (I couldn’t help myself!!) to use those eggs. However, if you made a bunch of Easter eggs and hid them in the yard and the kids have now found them, you CANNOT use those eggs for this salad. They weren’t refrigerated, duh!
If you don’t have a bunch of boiled eggs on hand (most folks don’t), you’ll need them, so click here to get my perfect boiled egg recipe.
6 perfectly boiled eggs
3 tbs mayo
1 tbs yellow mustard
1 tbs siracha (magic ingredient!)
2 tbs diced bread and butter pickles
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
pickled onions (totally optional, totally recommended)
- Cut eggs in half, remove the yolks to a medium sized bowl. Set the whites aside for the moment.
- Using the tines of a fork, mash the yolks until they are smooth. If you want to get fancy you can grate them, but then you have to clean your grater.
- Add the mayo, mustard, siracha, pickles and black pepper to the bowl and mix until combined.
- Dice the egg whites and throw ’em in the bowl, then stir this goodness up.
- Serve this on a bed of greens or between two slices of bread with pickled red onions.
- Thank me for rocking your egg-salad-loving world.