Feels like a hyperbole, but I’m pretty sure Putin would reconsider his activities in the Ukraine if he had a plate of these to munch on while riding horseback without a shirt. There’s really only one way to know for sure – make them for yourself and everyone you know.
1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour (all purpose also works)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cardamom
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
3 tbs Amaretto
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8×8″ pan with butter.
- Put coconut oil in microwave for 30 seconds. Add sugar and mix thoroughly. Allow to cool.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cardamom, cinnamon, pecans and chocolate chips and mix thoroughly.
- In a medium bowl, mix egg, amaretto and vanilla with a hand mixer (or standing mixer if you’re fancy) until combined. Add cooled coconut oil & sugar mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Spread batter evenly in the pan and bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Make 2 more batches to share with your neighbors!