These are SO easy and SO delicious! No need to mess with yeast, this recipe uses puff pastry for the dough! The combination of dried cherries, cardamom, pecans, and cinnamon is out of this world. Make these for breakfast this weekend!
1 package frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 softened stick of butter
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup chopped pecans
4 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp cardamom
1/2 cup chopped dried cherries
- Defrost the puff pastry (pop into the fridge over night).
- Mix 5 tbs softened butter with 1/3 cup brown sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Spread the butter and sugar mixture in the bottom of a 8″ square glass baking dish, sprinkle pecans over the top.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the remaining 3 tsp cinnamon, 2/3 cup brown sugar and 2 tsp cardamom in a bowl with a fork.
- Remove a single sheet of puff pastry from the fridge. Carefully unfold, smear with 1.5 tbs of butter.
- Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon/ sugar mixture and then half of the chopped dried cherries.
- Roll up tightly starting on the long side of the puff pastry like a jelly roll. Pinch the seam, place on a a piece of parchment paper and put in the fridge.
- Repeat with the second sheet of puff pastry, returning to fridge when done.
- Slice first puff pastry roll into 7 evenly-sized slices and place in baking dish, swirl side down. Repeat with the second puff pastry roll.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until rolls are a deep golden brown and firm.
- Allow to cool for several minutes before serving. Make sure to scoop the butter-y, cinnamon-y pecans over the top of the rolls.