This is so good and so easy you will impress yourself (not to mention guests and family members!). Seriously, five steps and you’ll be magically transported to a Tex-Mex version of Argentina. This is a sexy dish, so put on your tango shoes and dance your way to the kitchen!
1 lb flank steak
1 bunch cilantro (stems removed)
1 bunch parsley (stems removed)
2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1/3 cup diced red onion
4 tbs freshly squeezed lime juice (3-5 limes)
3/4 cup olive oil
3 tbs red wine vinegar
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
- Use flat side of knife to mash minced garlic and salt together to form a paste. Toss into a blender with all other ingredients (except steak) and puree.
- Put steak in a large zip-top bag with 1 cup of the puree, zip closed, massage chimichurri into steak and allow to marinate for 4-12 hours.
- Remove steak from fridge 30 minutes before you’re ready to grill it. Pat steak dry with paper towels. Lightly grease the grill or grill pan and heat over medium high heat.
- Grill 4-5 minutes per side. Remove from heat, lightly cover with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice steak against the grain and serve!