You can make these burgers in advance as they work perfectly for tailgating in the fall or grilling on the 4th of July, or any other time you want to eat a moist, well-seasoned chicken burger studded with green chiles! The recipe is crazy simple, nothing you don’t already have in your pantry (if your pantry is like mine!)I usually double the recipe and freeze the extra burgers. They defrost beautifully!
Makes 8 quarter-pound patties
2 lbs ground chicken legs and thighs
1 cup diced sweet onion
1 4 oz can green chiles
1 tbs ground cumin
1/2 tbs salt
1/2 tbs ground pepper
- Place ground chicken in a large bowl. Add onion, green chiles and cheese.
- In a small bowl mix cumin salt and pepper before sprinkling across large bowl.
- Thoroughly mix meat and other ingredients until evenly dispersed. Divide meat in half and half again, make 8 1/4 lb patties.
- If using a grill, heat to medium, oil the grill and grill until firm (4-6 minutes per side).
- If cooking on the stove, set burner to medium high and cook the patties until firm and cooked through (about 5 minutes per side).
- These burgers are great fresh off the grill without anything else, but if you’re not afraid of carbs, I recommend a bun, lettuce, thinly sliced red onion and avocado.